Thursday, December 6, 2012

No Wristwatches in Heaven

Seasons Greetings!  Wow, it's been a long time.  I'd like to tell you I just got back from a 2 month mission trip to where they don't have wifi.  Or that I was selected to serve on a jury and was sequestered.  How about, would you believe I woke up one morning and forgot how to type and it's taken me 2 months to reteach myself?  Yeah, I know, pretty lame.  I'm a loser.  Laziness had set in and I've been taking a much unneeded break.

I want to tell you a short story.  There's a young woman at church that isn't related legally but we call each other Cuz.  Well, Cuz asked me last week if I would consider singing with her at a Christmas Eve service.  Of course I accepted, I don't like solos but I do like singing with others.  We were trying to come up with a time and day to meet.  We decided today, December 6th, at 5pm.  Now here's the thing.  I get home at 3:30 when working day shifts so I could have met her as early as 4:15 or even drove directly after work.  Thankfully God is in control and had already put something in my schedule I hadn't been made aware of yet.  I made a quick stop to pick up something for Tina then stopped by her office to drop it off.  She was hanging up the phone as I walked in and looked a little upset.  I won't use names.  The woman on the phone was crying.  She (the one on the phone) had just got news an acquaintance of ours had just walked in and found her father-in-law dead.  After talking to her on the phone briefly I realized this house was only 3 blocks away.  I jumped in the car and headed that way.  For the next 45 minutes while the EMT's discussed their plan and waited for the coroner to arrive I was able to stand with and comfort my distraught friend.  What do you say to someone that just walked into a situation like that?  I don't know.  I will tell you that God took over and healing began right then.  Death is never easy.  I don't know how people deal with it without faith.  I'm thankful for my friend who knows there is a God who is in control even when her world feels like its falling apart.  God is so good, He is our comforter.  After all this I was still able to practice with Cuz.  God makes all things work together.

Why the wristwatch?  To some this looks like some silly play on time or being nitpicky with reality.  All I know is that God's time kicked in and I was right where He needed me.  Proverbs 16:9  "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

Thank you God for putting me where I needed to be and using me for your work. 

Only 19 days till JC's BD!!
peace...

totalheel

No comments: